driver's side window channel

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: driver's side window channel
From: "Dennis K." <dennikro@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 21:32:02 -0500
When I originally took my driver's door apart, I noticed that the window
channel was all bent out of shape compared to the passenger side.  Twisted
here, awkward attachment points there, etc etc.  When I rebuilt everything
and re-formed the window channel to mirror the passenger side, it looked
perfect.  Now, upon reinstallation, it really seems out of whack and the
window does not slide nice and easy and I'm seeing that the crazy way it was
modified when I took it off must have been for a big reason.

Has anybody else seen this crazy situation?

I also noticed that the small slider bar for the lift mechanism was also
mounted about 3/4 of a inch lower than the "factory" mounting holes.  I
figured this was to make up the difference in a crookedly installed channel
to the glass....which was right along the edge of the glass at the back but
about 3/4 of an inch higher on the front.  If that was done on purpose, then
my re-mounting of the track to the glass along the edge is off now (the
original mounting adhesive let loose along about half of the track and I had
to take it all off and  re-glue it).

All I know is that after all the trouble I went through to get the glass
back in, it just doesn't slide nice and easy when raised or lowered without
a lot of help.  I'm thinking I may have to pull the glass back out or at
least the channel and bent the crap out of it again to get things "right".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dennis

p.s.  Now I fully realize the quality control being used on these cars!
hahaha