Re: Attaching Body side moldings

To: "Chuck Scurr" <chuckscurr@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Attaching Body side moldings
From: "Smoky & Connie Panepinto" <spanepinto@netcarrier.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:15:15 -0400
Chuck,
I've had my Brick for 30 years.  I used to stick with 3M's trim adhesive tape.
After replacing it every couple of years (or sooner), I gotta tell you, a
product made for gluing sneaker soles back on -- "Shoe Goo" brand (or a
competitor's works too -- Kiwi, for one) adhesive has been holding my trim on
for 3 or 4 years now.
When I apply it, I stretch good quality duct tape over the molding, and then
put cross-pieces of duct tape over the vertical pieces of tape, top and
bottom, to keep it snug 'til it sets... kind of looks like an I --  and it
works.  The purists may think I'm nuts, but I got really tired of re-gluing
the trim every show season.

Smoky P

Smoky Panepinto
Perkiomenville, PA

'75 Bricklin original owner (#1302 - Suntan)
'63 Lincoln Convertible (Black/Maroon/White)