Fan Switch

To: "bricklin@autox.team.net" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fan Switch
From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@cybersurfers.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:12:40 -0700
Guys, subject here is fan switches or blower switches, whatever you want
to call them, mine failed a couple of days ago.  I had a used spare so
installed it, then remembered there was a new AMC/Jeep 13.078/3631605
upstairs in my stash..  Don't know if switches are rare or not but John
Martin carries the AMC version in case his goes out on the desert or
someplace inconvenient so that he can plug in and keep the AC going.
Anyway, to cut to the chase, the AMC version is identical to the Brick
version except for the actuating arm.  If you bend the 3 tabs out
slightly you can pull the switch apart and slip the insides of the AMC
into the Brick shell and actuator arm.  It's really easy if you do this
sort of thing, there's only a sliding bakelite piece which holds a coil
spring, on top ot that there's the moving contact that fits against the
stationary contact.  You only need to watch which way the moving piece
goes into place and gently push it all into position and bend the tabs
back.  You can also repair the old one but that takes another paragraph
and who needs it with the new, refurbished, replacement waiting.

Les