Re: Bricklin Engine Temp

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricklin Engine Temp
From: "Seth" <sbunin@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:13:39 -0400
Scott,

210 is normal for these cars. My car runs 210-215 on a 70-90 degree day and
only runs in the 190-200 range in early spring or late fall when I first bring
it out
or the last few drives of the season.

A couple of interesting points when thinking about coolant temp.
1) The boiling point of water at 16psi (typical radiator cap) is 244 degrees. A
typical 50-50 mixture of antifreeze will raise this number to about 265 - 275.
2) Modern cars run at 210-215.
3) The lower the coolant temp, the more wear you do to the engine.

Seth