A moving experience

To: bl <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: A moving experience
From: klasicars <klasicars@mywdo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:08:29 -0600
Thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry regarding pushing my
Bricklin.

I do have a set of the dollies from Harbor Freight and use them under
any vehicle that does not have power capabilities, meaning I won't be
driving it soon. However I do not use them on the Bricklins as I do
drive them and don't want the hassle of removing them each time. Also,
being a height challenged person, I constructed a mezzanine in my garage
that is tall enough for me to walk under and park the Bricklins under
(doors down) but might be an added situation with a vehicle on the
dollies as the vehicles are only four inches apart. We are a tight group
in my garage.

I was thinking that our cars my have an inherent problem with brakes
that do not fully retract. I believe they have single acting pistons on
the front and may require periodic attention to make sure they can move
away from the rotor after an application. The rear brakes could be
adjusted loose but the automatic adjusters probably would soon tighten
them up again.

I just needed to know how other owners felt about pushing their cars. I
have a Chevelle and a Suburban that push easier than the Bricklins. I
know, I just gotta stop doing that...........

Don........#1880.......#2745