Header Installation Passenger side - Replacing the starter

To: "Bricklin International" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Header Installation Passenger side - Replacing the starter
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:00:25 -0500
I removed my starter and took it to my local O'rielly Auto Parts.  They went
through just about every starter they had we could not locate a mini starter
that would work.  They did have a factory replacement with connection in the
same position so that did not help.

I decided to purchased a mini starter off of ebay. It only weighs about 9
lbs., has better heat shielding, looks nicer and should provide more room
around the header area.  It was more expensive, but I am hoping that removal
will not be as difficult.  There is an opening above the header that I hope it
will fit in.  I did not want to replace with a factory equivalent since
removal would require removing the exhaust and header.  I would hope to not
have to remove it again, but you never know.  This will also make it easier
for the new owner if I ever decide to sell the car.  Now waiting for it to
arrive. It will probably be next week before I will have a chance to install
it assuming it arrives on Friday.  Have to head to Atlanta for a High School
Band competition.

Greg 0036