Re: computer backups

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: computer backups
From: "Seth" <sbunin@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:04:43 -0500
John,

That's what Raid's are for.

Raid's are redundant arrays of drives, i.e., your system writes identically
to multiple drives. The controller is typically running in the bios (low
level controller) and is configurable. Most newer motherboards have this
capability . It's just a matter of turning it on and having multiple drives
attached.
I've seen hard drives crash, but never two crash simultaneously (even w/
a power surge).

Seth