A Day at the show

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Day at the show
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:17:13 -0500
Made it to the show today at 12:00 when registration closed.  I was one of the
last cars in.  Funny how waiting for your daughter to get ready to go eats up
the time.  I was not aware they had a registration close time, but made it in.
They said they had a total of 235 cars at the show.  Not sure how they count,
but my car was #180 and there were two cars after mine when they closed the
registration.  Maybe they extended it.  Nothing like turning away $15 car to
enter.

They started judging the cars at 12:00 and got to mine about 1:00, so not bad.
They only asked me to open the hood and just asked if the motor was original
or not.  Really nothing else.  They looked under the car, checked the interior
and engine.  Nothing like the throughness at the Bricklin meet.  At the meets
they check every function of the car.  Horn, lights, turn signals, hood latch,
hatch latch, doors engine starting and original parts.  So if you get an award
at the Bricklin meet you know your car has been thouroughly checked out.

I had to leave early to take my daughter to work and I went back to get my
judging sheet.  Somewhere between 3 and 5 they managed to have all the cars
out of the parking lot and break down the registration RV, DJ RV and local
restaurant tent.  A major accomplishment.  I did locate someone that will tell
me how I did.  They gave me an email address to make the request.  I was in a
class with 70's production cars so for being original I should be OK, but for
being customized it will be tough.  A lot of chrome, wax and new paint on the
other cars in the category, but I guess this will be a mystery until I hear
something.

Fielded a lot of questions and my car posed for photos.  No issues really
other than my drivers side door that wanted to drop a little after about 30
minutes.  Funny it had stayed up for two days straight before that, but with
the last minute thrash to get it ready for a show not bad.

It is looking like the new voltage regulator is helping on the battery
charging.  My LED battery/alternator check was always in the green.  A very
rare occurance in the past.  Car stayed cool and started when I turned the
key.  Cranked up the AC on the way home no issues.  Brakes were working well
and I love the new air pump with the pressure gage.

Thanks for all the assistance over the past couple of weeks.  I managed to get
the exposure of the car, which was more important to me than what my scores
where.  It was a beautiful cloudless day for the show and great turn out.
Drive your cars and get them in shows.  It is part that makes owning a
Bricklin unique experience.  You will never get the looks, questions and
appreciation from car lovers if they are not out there to be seen.

I hope to be quite for the next few weeks on the email track.  My next project
of reconstructing the drivers side door I have been through the passengers a
couple of times so I hope I learned and remembered a lot from that experience.
I will reply if someone needs assistance since it should be someone else's
turn to get help by now.

Greg 0036