Re: Balancer Bolt and Oil Pan Gasket Question

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Balancer Bolt and Oil Pan Gasket Question
From: "Rick at High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 13:15:00 -0400
Since it is a toyota why not use some rice LOL

Many OEM's are using nothing but a bead of silicone, ford used it fro  rocker
covers and oil pans back when I worked there in the 70's. It works well if you
use a good quality RTV that is designed for the application and you use it
properly, i.e. don't use 32 pounds of it and allow it to skin over a bit
before you put parts together, If one is available I prefer to use one piece
rubber gaskets with metal eyelets at the bolts so they can't be over
tightened.