Re: [Bricklin] Bricklin problems (long)

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Bricklin problems (long)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 20:50:46 -0500
At 08:38 PM 2/6/2009, JLC wrote:

 >The last four times I took my 1975 Bricklin out for a drive, I ended up on
 >the side of the road. I decided to tempt fate again yesterday.....

 >C.    Brakes! You have to push the brake pedal really hard to slow the
 >car, and forget about locking the wheels. It does no brake well enough to
 >even get close to that! Two technicians gave me the same diagnosis - faulty
 >brake booster. I know the brake booster is unavailable, so I would have to
 >have the original one rebuilt. but is there another booster I could get new
 >and that would fit?

Jacques,

With the engine off, put your foot on the brake pedal and press lightly.  Then
start the engine.  Shortly after the engine comes to life, the pedal should go
down a little.  If not, then there is a problem with the booster.

If the pedal goes down, then it's possible that the linkage between the master
cylinder and the booster needs to be adjusted.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229