Re: [Bricklin] Bricklin for sale

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Bricklin for sale
From: "JLC" <breton48@live.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:04:24 -0700
Hi. I am putting my Bricklin up for sale, so I thought I would try here
first.

White 1975 Bricklin SV1 #2121 for sale - 90,000 miles, two owners - $10,500
or best offer. Car is in the Black Forest near Colorado Springs.

Full history since new - first owner  bought the car from dealer in Midland,
Texas, registered it in So Cal, and drove it 89,000 miles in ten years.
After several failures of the hydraulic door opening system, the car sat in
his So Cal garage from Spring 1985 till August 2007, when I acquired it. I
had the car worked on in a Riverside (CA) shop, and moved shortly after
getting the car back (in Spring 2008) to Colorado. I have the following
documents from the original owner: sale documents from Texas, various bills
including installation of a new engine in 1979, two workshop manuals, and
the owner's manual with notes regarding maintenance done from new till the
car was put in storage in 1985.  Body is straight and frame has no rust, but
this car has the typical body panel/door fit as from the factory. I have the
receipts for all the work done since 2007. Car has a clear Colorado title,
and I have a copy of the original California title.

The bad:
Ammeter not working (I have a spare to install) - I am using a battery
monitor plugged in an electrical outlet (added under passenger dash in 2008)
Door wiring on passenger side needs replacing (solenoid clicking when
opening)
Fuel sender unit not working
Driver door's skin coming loose   (I have the adhesive to fix that)
Outside door switches do not work
Wheels need two new center caps (two good ones, one cracked, one missing)

The good:
In 2007 and 2008:
Engine/accessories work done:  new freeze plugs, new water pump, new  timing
cover, new  timing chain kit, new timing cover and valve cover gasket sets,
new  intake and exhaust  manifold gasket sets,  new oil pan gasket set, new
high flow oil pump, new thermostat,  new water pump outlet with gasket,  new
main crankshaft bearing set, new rod bearings  set, carburetor rebuild kit,
new carburetor float,  new rear main seal,  new fuel pump,  new heater core,
new air conditioning compressor (high output),  new A/C high pressure hose,
rebuild receiver drier,  ducting for air conditioning redone to line up
properly, new heavy duty blower motor with fan.
Cylinder heads reconditioned, including:  machining of heads and valves, new
gasket set, new hardened push rods, valve seats recut and hardened,  new
thermal vacuum switches, new spark plugs. Recored heavy duty  radiator, 16"
electric pusher fan with fan relay, all new water hoses and fan belt. Four
new tires. Inside trim replaced, including recovering the seats, with
original materials
New air door system with two remotes, new wiring for driver's door, windows
reglued and regulators repaired, new door switches
Brakes: new master cylinder, new front brake hoses, new rear wheels
bearings/brake cylinders/adjusters/hoses. New radio and speakers  (I kept
the original radio)

In 2009:
New  brake power booster, new front brake pads
New suspension bushings and KYB shocks, new pitman arm, new upper and lower
ball joints
Fuel tank cleaned and lined, new rubber fuel lines
New gel cell battery
New windshield washer bottle and pump
All fluids (oil, water, transmission, brakes) and filters (fuel, air, oil)
have been changed at least once since 2008.

If interested, please contact me by email.  Will send photos by email upon
request.

JLC in colorado