Re: [Bricklin] Need to replace AC compressor

To: krodgers@nautel.com
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Need to replace AC compressor
From: isensee@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:45:38 -0400
 Thanks, Kevin. I bought a new Four Seasons 58064 AC compressor which is the
equivalent of the York T210L. It just arrived today and looks identical. The
clutch should be a Four Seasons 48812. I have that ordered and am still
waiting for it.

I plan to replace the compressor and recharge the system myself. I haven't
done this before, but I have a vacuum pump to evacuate the system and a tank
of R-12 freon I bought years ago. I understand oil needs to be added to the
compressor. Can anyone tell me the type and amount or oil to add? Do I add
that before evacuating the system or would the vacuum suck the oil out? If
needs to be added after evacuating the system, how is that done without losing
vacuum?

 Scott