british-cars-pre-war

Re: [PreWar] 1937 Austin 10

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Subject: Re: [PreWar] 1937 Austin 10
From: C & J Gorman <gorms68@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:03:58 -0800
Laurie, Jill and I are in Monrovia and can help if the car is in our slice of
SoCal.

Chris Gorman

On Jan 21, 2011, at 11:16 AM, Mike Rambour wrote:

> About the same story for my 34 Singer, original owner bought it while
stationed in the UK and brought it to the U.S. and I got it from his estate.

> Anyway, S. Calif. is a big place and while I can't help at all with
value/market/etc., I am in Santa Barbara if you need a pair of eyes on it.

>    mike
>

> On 01/21/2011 10:40 AM, Lawrie Alexander wrote:
>> Fellow Listers,
>>
>> I have learned of a 1937 Austin 10 4-door saloon which will come up for
sale soon. The amazing thing is that it is a 1-owner car! The man who owns it
went to England in 1937, bought the car and shipped it to the States. It is in
southern California at present and, from the pictures I have seen, it looks to
have been there all its life. The body appears sound and straight and the only
apparent problem is that the rear window is missing. The story is that the car
ran when parked 5 or 6 years ago and its lack of use and reason for sale are -
fairly obviously - the age of its owner.

>> I am more familiar with the market for pre-war sports cars and have no idea
what a car like this might be worth, or whether there is likely to be a market
for it. I write, therefore, to solicit informed opinion on both those things.