Head bolt stud kit.

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Head bolt stud kit.
From: apollo!rimbold@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 89 10:45:26 EST
Jim TenCate writes:

>Does anyone know about an improved stud kit which is supposed
>to somehow *even out* the head bolt forces holding the head to
>the block?  The mechanic I talked to said it was a good fix (?)
>and since I evidentally needed a stud kit anyway...

I've seen something that, I suppose, could be called a new stud
kit. It looked like a long bar of metal with holes cut in it, and
there was one for each side of the head. The person who showed it
to me swore that it would prevent TR7 head warping forever. Now,
I've never had a head warp on me, but I do keep a watch on the
tension of the head bolts and the water temperature, so I let it
pass. You might want to give this gent a call and talk to him about
it.

He is:  Joe Goodrich
        Tri-State Triumph
        W. Swanzey, NH.
        (603) 352-1573

I think that he had a couple sets in his garage. Jim Muller dealt with
this guy during the famed 'Spitfire Differential Rebuild/OD Swap' and
wasn't much impressed. I've only bought parts from him, but he seemed
like a decent enough guy. (Hi Jim :-)

'Rob