A-H Sprite

To: sol%hoosier@cs
Subject: A-H Sprite
From: mit-eddie!cs.utah.edu!mjb%hoosier@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 89 21:26:47 -0700
Scott Fisher, soon to be brewer writes:

::  The classic new-to-Midgets mistake is clipping curbs with the right
::  rear wheel because it turns so much quicker than you're used to...

The first Sports Car I ever drove (I had ridden in a TR3) was, as it turns out,
an Austin-Healy Sprite.  We were out in the Indiana countryside, and I guess he
had gotten tired of me talking about driving, 'cause he pulled over and let me
behind the wheel.  To make it short, let's just say that a Sprite does indeed
turn in quicker than a full size Dodge Monaco wagon, the car I usually drove
then.  Of course, that 383 did have its nice points ;-)

Boy, this is actually starting to be a REAL Triumph vs. MG battle - I can
hardly wait!  I will probably get Vizards book with the gift certificate
Karen gave me, but I doubt I will start racing a Spridget.  It may give me
some idea as to what a book written by, say, some Triumph performance oriented
enthusiast may be like if and when such ever comes about.

At any rate I certainly can't start thinking about racing an MG, I have just
about firmly convinced myself to go with a DSP Spitfire next season.  Besides,
if I stay in DSP I can race the Spit, the 4A, the TR6, the TR3, the truck...
a new ride every weekend!

mjb.