British Cars mailing list

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
From: Pete Bellas <linus!bellas%ttidca.TTI.COM@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 89 09:45:23 PST
Someone mentioned that this might be a good place to get information.

I am looking for any info on doing an engine swap on a 67 Land Rover 109.
My father purchase the rover new but has always had trouble with the 6
cylinder engine that came it came with.  I have just inherited the rover
with yet another blown engine (YABE) and rather that doing another expensive
rebuild on it I am looking into a different engine.  Any chance that the
rover v8 would bolt up?  Has anyone heard of doing a swap on a Land Rover.
What about good sources of info, books, magazines, etc.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

                        -Pete-

ps my 48 series 1 Land Rover is still running just fine. pb
* Pete Bellas                   "Cogito ergo spud"                         *
* Citicorp/TTI                       I think therefore I yam.              *
* Santa Monica, CA                                                         *
* Path:{philabs|csun|psivax}!ttidca!bellas  or  bellas@ttidca.tti.com      *