Bonnets $ cranks

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Bonnets $ cranks
From: mit-eddie!tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU!garnett@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 89 12:08:52 EST
I've found a shot of a Speedwell Sprite (Feb 88 Sport & GT), and while
on the same idea, it's not the same thing. This Speedwell is a hardtop,
and has a 3 opening grill area, with various carb bulges. It is refered
to as a monza Bonnet. The front is also more rounded. The headlights
are placed the same. Nice looker.
        The one I was referring to is the center spread of the  Oct. 84
Abingdon Classics (defunct mag.) It has a longer teardrop to the
headlight hole, and a long centre bulge. the grill opening is about as wide
as a frog-eye, but is straight on the bottom. (no smile effect).
The car belongs to someone down-under.
        Phil- The early 1098 crank had 1.75 mains, like the 948. The
later has 2", like the 1275. They are all different. I need a 2" 1098.
Regrind undersizes are -.010, .020, .030, .040.
        Time to go out and do some wiring in the shop. (brrr!)
   ________
  /     _  \        Roger Garnett           (garnett@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU)
 /   /||  \ \       Agricultural Economics
| |\/ ||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | South Lansing Centre For
| |   ||   | |      Cornell University       | Wayward Sports Cars
 \    ||__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853       | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | SAFETY FAST!