Re: Elan OEM Rims and 1990 Elan

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Elan OEM Rims and 1990 Elan
From: mit-eddie!NRI.Reston.VA.US!rdroms@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 89 15:52:08 EST
     Since buying my 4A, I've rediscovered what driving is about. It's about
     experiencing the sights, sounds and smells of my car, the road and
     world around me. It's not about isolating myself from the world in a
     little cocoon, a miniature replica of my home.

Chris - you've captured *exactly* how I feel about driving my Bugeye.
There's nothing like that first top-down drive in the spring - full
sensory overload after months of being cooped up inside.  "Sounds and
smells" ... you bet.  Jan still can't understand how I can pick out
that new, worrisome noise out of the background clatter in the Sprite.

Although I have to admit, after the first three or four hours, the
Sprite does get to be a bit much to take.  I know why a Bugeye fuel
tank only holds six gallons - that's as far as the driver and
passenger can go without a pitstop.  And, it usually needs more oil by
then, anyway...

- Ralph