Re: Triumph Tune

To: mjb@cs
Subject: Re: Triumph Tune
From: harvard!hsi.com!archer@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Garry Archer)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 89 08:50:22 EST
mjb writes:

> Triumph Tune
> 22-28 Manor Road
> Richmond, Surrey
> England  TW9 1YB
>
> A phone number is 01-948-6668, I can't remember if you have to dial the
> country code for the United Kingdom first, 44, but I think so.  Check
> your local phone book.  I've been just using mail, they do take Visa and
> Mastercard, I get the parts about three weeks after I mail off the order.
> Hmm, maybe I should ring them up and order a TT1320 for my Spitfire project
> soon...
>
> mjb.

As one who is experienced at calling England (me whole family!) here is how
to dial the number above:  Prepend US international access code 011 and UK
country code 44, truncate London district code 01 to 1 (lop off that zero!)
and dial the rest:

                011-44-1-948-6668

HINTS:
        Call before 7.00am (your time --- England is 5 hours ahead of EST,
so calling at 7.00am in Boston will be 12noon in England) for the cheapest
telephone rates.
        Dial the first few digits as you would normally, but speed up as you
dial the last few --- sometimes those digits get lost!
        Allow enough time after you've dialled for all the connections to
go through.  When you hear the occassional click, your call has just gone
through another exchange.
        The British ring will start with one long ring then a series of
short rings:
        Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnnnng, pause, ring-ring, pause, ring-ring...

        Get an international operator to help you if you're having problems,
your local operator can help you to get one.

        Good luck!

                Garry Archer