Interesting tidbit

To: sol%hoosier@cs
Subject: Interesting tidbit
From: mit-eddie!cs.utah.edu!mjb%hoosier@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 89 13:03:04 -0700
Taken with absolute disregard of permissions from the Dec. 11 Autoweek
Out Takes column.

mjb.
----

Less than a Triumph.

One of the first cars owned by Don Runkle, GM veep for advanced engineering,
was a Triumph TR2.  He recently reminisced about the car for the {\it Detroit
Free Press}: "Lost of girls in high school wanted to ride around with me, and
I mistakenly thought it was because I was a neat guy.  I finally caught on
that the real reason that with a right hand drive car, it looked like they
were driving and they thought driving with me was an easy way to impress
their friends.  Needless to say, Runkle was rankled when he learned the
truth.