Advice from a troll

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Advice from a troll
From: uunet!hcxio!andyh@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Andy Haber)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 89 16:58:21 EST

Someone on the list recently asked for advice on restoring cars.  I am
reminded of a Broom-Hilda cartoon strip that someone gave me many years
ago.  I've long since lost the cartoon itself, but can at least relay
the gist of it.

At the start of the cartoon, Ernie the troll has just undertaken the
restoration of a very dilapidated old car.  As Ernie busies himself
refurbishing bits and pieces of the car, the car itself is actually
singing to him.  Things like:

         "Won't I look great with a new coat of paint?"

             "It'll be neat when you fix the seat!"

In the last panel of the cartoon, Ernie exclaims, with some exasperation,
from under the car:

                 "Nobody warned me about this!"

Consider yourself warned!

--
Andy Haber    (andyh@HWD.csd.harris.com)
Harris Computer Systems Division, Ft Lauderdale, FL