More wire wheels

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: More wire wheels
From: mit-eddie!bevsun.bev.lbl.gov!guy@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Aran Guy)
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 89 06:34:16 PST
 On the subject of wire wheels that go bump in the night.
 A few years back I had to remove a set of Borrani Knock
off wheels that had rusted themselves firmly in place. (That is,
the hubs had rusted.)
 No amount of reasonable coercion worked, and I wasn't about
to go after them with my ugly 10lb. lead knock-off hammer.
 The solution? Soak with Penetrol and with knock-offs removed,
drive from driveway to garage and back again a few times. Jack
up car and wheels pull off with no fuss.
 Sometimes the best tool to use is the one sitting on your shoulders.