MGB ITB info obtained

To: uunet!alliant.alliant.com!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: MGB ITB info obtained
From: mit-eddie!sco.COM!sam@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Sam Sjogren)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 89 13:54:17 PST
I just talked with Dick Martin, who is the technical director
for the SCCA Club Racing department.  He informed me that the
MGB is definitely in for ITB next year, and he said that that
got published a couple months back in "Fast Track" (racing rules
update section of "Sports Car", the SCCA National magazine).  I
queried him as to whether tube shock conversions would be legal,
and he said they would not be.  He did say that I could write a
letter to the competition board asking them to make an exception
for the car, or all cars with lever shocks.  I believe that I
will do this, but continue to run on lever shocks for now.

-me