Re: Book Reviews (finally)

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Book Reviews (finally)
From: mit-eddie!cbmvax.commodore.com!augi@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Joe Augenbraun)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 90 9:37:38 EDT

> (lots of interesting reviews of books that might be interesting to SOL's
>       deleted)
>
> Sources:
>       Classic Motorbooks  (Free 100 page cataglogue, takes a few weeks)
>       P.O. Box 1          (Overwhelming selection of books.)
>       Osceola, WI 54020
>       1-800-826-6600

As of a couple of years ago (the last time I actually mail ordered an auto
book) a better source for these books is a small company called "Discount
Motor Books".  I assume they are still in business.  They carry the entire
catalogue that classic motorbooks carries, but at a 10 - 40%-ish discount.
They are friendly people and shipped promptly the couple of times that I
ordered from them.  They tend to advertise in the same places that Classic
Motorbooks does, just with smaller ads.  Try flipping through the front of
Hemmings, and you're likely to find an ad.

                                                        Joe