Re: Oil pressure

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Oil pressure
From: mit-eddie!bevsun.bev.lbl.gov!guy@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Aran Guy)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 90 01:09:50 PST
 HE SEZ:
    Thank you for all the advice and suggestions.  I took the center
    bearing cap off this weekend and sure enough, the bearing is
    down to the copper.  So now that I know the bearings need to be
    replaced, does anybody have know of a way to do this without
    removing the engine?  I really don't want to take it out as it
    gets a bit frustrating, this will be the third time that I've had
    to move an engine out of and into a car, with a skidloader for
    a hoist.  :-;  The reason that I was told for removing the engine
    is because the front and back engine plates have to be removed
    before the front and back bearing caps can be removed.

 I can't remember what model he was referring to, but if it was a
Spitfire, you can replace the bearings with the engine still in the car.
 Heck, you can replace EVERYTHING with the engine still in the car!

 Aran