Re: various stuff

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: various stuff
From: Edward Burns <mit-eddie!ads.com!eburns@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 90 15:30:04 PST

From: Jim Muller

>You mentioned this once before.  I wonder if this is true.
>Is there any real support for this idea?

Not to stray too far from the subject of British cars, but....

This does happen in some cases.  I've known two people that had
one half of their face paralyzed after spending time in a cold
wind.  I don't remember if the doctors ever called it Bell's palsy
though.

One was a woman of about 60 years who spent the day fishing on S.F.
Bay. She said she had spent most of the time quite still trying to
keep warm in the face of a stiff wind.  For those that don't know
the Bay, it can get *very* cold here during the summer.  Anyway,
she woke up the next morning feeling very stiff and when she saw
herself in the mirror she nearly had a hear attack.  The left side
of her face looked as if something was pulling her skin toward the
back of her head.  It took weeks to clear up.

The other was a man I hardly knew and I don't remember how he got
his symptoms, but they were the same.

-Ed