A request

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: A request
From: mit-eddie!iris.brown.edu!ejd@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Ed Devinney)
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1990 00:07:27 PDT
Roger Garnett was kind enought to send me a copy of the _Sports and GT_
article on the Stag and enter into some correspondance which, along with
the article, leads me to want to drop a TR6 motor (yes it's a true
drop-in) into my Stag so that it can be Fun while we scrounge parts to do the
job properly.

Here's the heart-rending plea:

This September is my Dad's 50th birthday, and he & my Mom are more fond of
my Stag than I am (this from a man who swore 'No British Cars' after too
many friends' cars proved 'unreliable').  I've got more cars now than I
know what to do with, and I'd like to give something back to Der Alte and
Mom, so ...
     Does anyone know of a complete, running TR6 engine that may become
available by July or so?  It can even have my favorites, the SU carb - I don't
care as long as it's a runner. Any year, any horsepower (here's your chance to
dump that low-compression boat-anchor you've got now and start financing
the Balaced-&-Blueprinted Bitchin' Well-Tuned Bored-&-Stroked-with
Webers-and-a-Liberal-Exhaust-Built-Six-Of-Your-Dreams), so long as the one
you sell me has got good life signs, costs a reasonable amount and can be
unpacked and bolted into the frame rails of the (4 spd) 1971 Magnificent
Disappointment - Mom&Dad are cruisers, not racers.  [In fact, Dad used to
borrow my 340 'cuda when his car was in the shop - I don't think he ever took
it over 3000 rpm or caused the secondaries to open.  He says he used to get
great looks at stoplights, too ... this 40-ish graying professorial-type
wearing a suit and rumbling along in the Black Beast.]

E-mail or call 401-351-4847 anytime.  Thanks very much.

ed

Ed Devinney ... ejd@iris.brown.edu ... IRIS/Brown University
"Your brain will be electronically simplified.
My brain?! That's my second-favorite organ!" - Woody Allen