'77 MGB

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: '77 MGB
From: mit-eddie!potassium.cchem.berkeley.edu!wilson@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Michael A. Wilson)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 90 09:11:17 PST
Hi everyone,

     It must be moving towards spring. The scenario: a friend of a friend with
a '77 MGB which barely runs, original engine 73K, body is straight with NO rust,
not much by way of paint, either.  He wanted $300; I nearly broke my arm going
for my wallet.

     I did get it started. It's not burning oil, but its running rich.
Probably the carbuerator.  Anyone prepared to provide a quick tutorial on
the Zenith-Stromberg (I can't remember the model number).  In particular,
a while back someone told me that the electronic choke on these is a real
dog, and that you can buy a kit to convert it to manual ( hey---
just like my '64 Midget. Now THAT'S progress... A couple of cans of primer,
and this thing will look like a REAL car.)  Anyone for or against such a
conversion?

     Thanks,
Mike Wilson