Electrical connections

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Electrical connections
From: mit-eddie!hp6600.desk.hp.com!larry_schwarcz%q0@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 15 Feb 90 09:40 -0800
Hey, there,

I've got two questions for you fellow SOL'ers.

 1)  Sorry if this is a dumb question, but, what does 'SOL' mean?
     I'm fairly new to the mailing list and I've never seen that
     TLA (Three Letter Acronym) before.

 2)  I have problems with corrosion on electical connectors sometimes.
     Usually, its the connector from the battery to the relay or
     the relay to the starter.  I'll go to start the car and I'll
     hear the 'click' of the relay, but it doesn't start.  I'll
     remove that connection and clean it with a wire brush and
     reasseble it and it'll start.

     I've heard that some people will clean the connection and then
     coat the terminal with something like grease to keep a good
     connection.

     Any thoughts?

              Larry Schwarcz
              HP Cupertino, CA