Tolls and tooling

To: sol%hoosier@cs
Subject: Tolls and tooling
From: mit-eddie!cs.utah.edu!mjb%hoosier@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 90 23:00:12 -0700
Gee, doesn't everyone on this list make a habit of cruising neighborhoods
looking for likely vic^H^H^Hrestoration projects?  I usually do when I
get the chance.  There's a nice clean TR4A a few blocks away I hope the
owners get tired of soon.  Who knows, maybe you can make that one great
find, and sell it for enough money for a complete Snap-On set.  I advise
all the beginning eager mechanics who ask to buy Craftsman.  I save what
I can and buy Snap-On when I get the urge.  As I've mentioned before in
this forum, I think, pawn shops may be a good place for good used tools.

As for TR8 brakes, there are upgrades available.  I know of two that provide
vented rotors and better calipers.  One uses a dual piston Ford caliper,
the other more expensive one (the cheap one is about $600) uses four
piston AP racing calipers.

mjb.