Re: parts for Lotus in San Jose, CA

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: parts for Lotus in San Jose, CA
From: mit-eddie!iris.brown.edu!ejd@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 90 16:03:51 EST
Eddie (Berin?) finds on his Esprit ...

This rotor, by the way, has some type of spring-load device that
governs maximum revs (?).  It is marked 3500 RPM, implying that
it shorts out the high-tension (preventing overrev), but the
RPM figure sounds low to me.  Will someone please explain what this
really does?

---  I'll hazard a guess that this *is* a rev limiter for 7000rpm.
Keep in mind that the distributor turns at 1/2 the sped of the crankshaft.

BTW - what with all of the Ed(die)s on the List - how about if we just call
everyone Bruce to keep the confusion down :-)?

ed d.