Strombergs and stuff

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Strombergs and stuff
From: "You Know Who" <mit-eddie!PSUVM.PSU.EDU!GGN100@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 90 16:47 EST
     Bob, thanks for the advice on those float plugs. I think I'll replace
the O-ring when I get home tonight. In spite of the threat of snow, I pulled
the B out of the garage today and, with the help of some ether, got it running
on the first crank. It sure was great to once again drive a car that can
accelerate and handle! (Let's keep this in perspective, my other car is a 1970
Volvo 142. Everything's relative!)
     Someone was asking about improving the brakes on his TR-8 (After being
gone a week, all my mail was quickly read then discarded) I believe that
in the 'DIY guide to purchace and restoration of MGB/GT/V8' there is a
section on improving the brakes by crossdrilling. It even provides a pattern.
I don't know if it can be applied to the TR8's brakes, but can always be
tried.
     Referring back to Volvo's, is there any connection between the B18/20/22
and the Triumph engine. (aside from looking, sounding, and preforming :} the
same!)?

          __----__              Jaguar   | Gregory Nagy         |    "Eat     |
      ___/       ==__===__ {]]  24hrs of | Penn State University|     my      |
    //--\----------  61 |       Datyona  | Mckeesport Campus    |   Shorts!"  |
 <-- \__/------------__--|   '90 Champs! | GGN100@psuvm.bitnet  |-Bart Simpson|