It had to happen sometime.....

To: ssiwest!young@uunet.UU.NET,
Subject: It had to happen sometime.....
From: mit-eddie!uunet.UU.NET!ssi!coventry!rmb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Keptin Komrade Dr. Bobwrench III)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 90 11:04:10 CST
        Well last night (actually yesterday afternoon but let's pretend I
stayed at work till 5...It was 70 and sunny here...;-}) I decided to put the
new carpets into Lizbeth. This is after installing the new door panels, horn
relay, fixin the short in the horn wire, new horn push, and a handfull of other
little projects. Step one in replacing the carpets on the floor of the TR-6 is
removal of the seat. I unbolted the driver's seat from the rail and set it aside
for later inspection. The comes trying to get the seat rail out. After much
pounding with the disk drive alignment tool  (nee 20 Oz ball peen hammer) I
managed to be in a position to get to the back 2 bolts.  Snap one, the other
comes right out. Wail on the rails some more to slide the frame back so I can
get to the front 2 bolts. Again, center bolt comes right out, outside one
shears right off. Snarl. Lift out rails. I have a spare fortunatly from the
parts car. Start picking out handfulls of decomposing carpeting. This reveals
quite a few flakes of rust...and lo, a number of holes all the way through
the floor...

        Upon cleaning it all out, it looks like there are about 10 holes and
cracks from  1/8" up to the size of a nickle or so. Guess I can't put off
spending money on the Ox/Ac torch any longer. Or the grinder. Or the compressor.
Oooof. Glad they left all that nice sheet metal from when they replaced the top
of my washer (dented in my move, painted, not enameled) last month.

        Waaaaaa. My car has holes in it! I guess I'll fix up the floor and
have it painted along with the rest of the car later this month. I just hope
the other side isn't rusted too, but I bet it is...

        back to work....

                iii