Looking at a Jaguar

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Looking at a Jaguar
From: mit-eddie!uunet.uu.net!ingr!b11!wizard!ed@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 90 16:15:23 -0500
Hi,

I would like some general info on a Jaguar.  No it's not a XK (darn :-).
It is a 1976 XJ12L, fully loaded.  The asking price is $6995, this is on
a car lot.  This sounds kinda low to me but I am not sure.  What I would
like to know is what kind of stuff should be know about this model.
Are there any known flaws etc. (Jag, flaws?  you gotta be kidding, its
perfect :-)

I haven't got to see it yet but I am planning to go look at it tonight.
I've been looking for a TR or something like that but when I saw that
add and that price next the glorious words "twelve cylender" my mind
just went nuts.  So tell me, is this a good deal or am I about to go look
at a somebody's bad accident?

Ed Hand

I could just see me in a Jag :-)