Tools question....

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Tools question....
From: mit-eddie!hp6600.desk.hp.com!larry_schwarcz%q0@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 15 Mar 90 09:17 -0800
Hey, there,

Well, Thanks for all of the responses to my HP Vs. Torque question.
I should have known that I would get a ton of letters from a group
like this (ya gotta love it!).

Anyway, not to bring up old news, but, I've got a question on
tool brands (no, not the Snap-On Vs. Craftsman topic).

I think that most of us agree that Snap-On is the best (or close to it)
and that brands like Craftsman and S&K are also good stuff.  But,
I recently got a mail order tool catalog from a place in So. California
called Harbor Freight Salvage Company.  They do have some big name
brands (Vise Grip, Makita, Campbell-Hausfeld, etc.), but, they also
sell a line of tools from a company called, 'Pittsburgh Forge'.

Has anyone heard of this brand?  I know that at the prices that they
sell for that they won't be anywhere near as good as Craftsman or
S&K, but for a strange tool that might get used once or twice a year,
would they be OK?

If anyone wants to check out their catalog, their toll-free number
is:  1-800-423-2567.

Some deals that I'll probably buy are things like 1" chip brushes
(for things like painting, glues, cleaning, etc.) at $8 for 36.
PVC coated gloves (for working with solvents) at 6 pair for $7.

They might not be the best quality, but when the gloves wear out,
toss'em!

         Thanks...
            Larry Schwarcz
            HP Cupertino, CA