psycho mini!

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: psycho mini!
From: mit-eddie!vax.ftp.com!mason@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Nark Mason)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 90 12:42:43 EST
        My roomate and I popped the head off of my new mini last night,
when I got it I was told the engine was less than a hundred miles from
new, I didn't really expect it but the thing is *beautiful*! There's
no visible wear on the cylinders, not even right at the top of the stroke.
        Has anyone out there dealt with rust on the bottom of these creatures?
The sub frames seem to be ok but the rest of the underside is flaking off,
not really even in big peices.
        I'd also like to put disc brakes on the car, Mini Mania has the
conversion kit for $1095. Any idea why it's so expensive? Anybody know
of a cheaper way to discs?

        The Mini Mania catalog says "Driving a race car without an LSD
is like not driving a race car". Hmmm.... Now there's an idea that won't
be sanctioned by the SCCA!