Re: Old Jag Prices - Mk X

To: british-cars%alliant.com@RELAY.CS.NET
Subject: Re: Old Jag Prices - Mk X
From: mit-eddie!RELAY.CS.NET!chrisp%mrloog.wr.tek.com@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 22 Mar 90 07:19:26 PST (Thu)
For some reason, Jag sedan prices have remained comparatively stable
over the past 10 years.  With the exception of Mk IIs (which are very
desirable to some people), Jag sedans are really cheap to get.  A
number 1 condition Mk "anything" seem to fetch less than $15,000.
Good drivers (condition 2 or 3) rarely seem to get more than $7000.
For a car that has been parked, rubber seals most certainly shot,
electrical problems, but is in wonderful shape otherwise, might not
trade for more than $4000 (depending upon who's doing the buying :-).
$2500 would be a perfect price (but then, things are rarely perfect),
with about $3000 to get it running consistantly...  It could be fun.

 Christopher M. Perez           chrisp@mrloog.WR.TEK.COM
 "...[he] read the word engraved in the knock-off hubs, and I saw him
  mouth the word, "UNDO".  I thought for a moment he was going to ask
  the classic question, "What year UNDO is that, mister?"
        _Northeast by Westfield_ by Peter Egan (6/'84 R&T)