Re: More on Prices

To: Alliant.COM!british-cars@acsu.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: More on Prices
From: mit-eddie!hercules.acsu.buffalo.edu!tobin@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mike Tobin)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 90 16:56:17 EDT
This price talk reminded me of a curve I once drew to illustrate the
price history of cars.  It holds up pretty good I think (there's always
exceptions).  The key is when the urge and means to aquire the
"mid-life crisis car" arrives.

Since all things in Nature are perverse, th e"Buy Now" portion of the
curve corresponds to most folks' "Broke Now" part of their disposable
income curve. Any, here it is.

mike tobin

|"                               '48          '28
|                                   * *   *   *
|$                              *                 *
|                            *
| '89                       *
|*                        *
|  *                     *
|    *                  *
|      *               *  '63

Car Age
0       8            22   26       41          61
Buyer Age
14-18                40   40       55          75
                   (18yrolds)
                          (14yrolds)