Re: Brake rebuild question

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Brake rebuild question
From: mit-eddie!cbmvax.commodore.com!augi@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Joe Augenbraun)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 90 17:44:31 EDT

> Well, I have all of the rebuild kits for my brake and clutch system
> (lots of cute little yellow lucas/girling boxes).  Included in the rebuild
> kit for the rear (drum) cylinder is a packet of "white brake grease".
> Where do I put this stuff?

Inside that drawer in your toolbox that collects dull razorblades and the
little gadget-that-was-supposed-to-detect-the-difference-between-a-good
and-a-bad-spark-plug-wire-but-never-really-worked-all-that-well.

Seriously, I think you're supposed to use it to prelubricate the rubber
parts, but I always just soak them in good old Castrol LMA.  Never seemed
to cause me any problems.

                                                        Joe