Re: Old Cars For Sale

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Old Cars For Sale
From: Sandy Yates <mit-eddie!CORNELLA.cit.cornell.edu!SGGY@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 90 08:41:04 EDT
Thanks to everyone who responded overwhelmingly to my posting about

the cars for sale.

Miq Milman, Kent, Bob Ledger, Jeff Lo, Pete Brady, Stephen An,

Scott Fisher, Jeff Lo, Jose Robles, Nark Mason, Michael Wilson,

Joe Augenbraun, Randell Jessup, Mark Thompson, Bill Orr, Rajiv Sarathy,

Ralph Dorms, Tim Buja, Phil Ethier, Steve, Bob Boulanger, and any others.

I probably should have read my mail sooner, as there seems to be

such strong intrest in the Austin convertible. Sorry to say, it was

sold to a local high school student for $1200, who drove it away

sunday morning.

I'm sorry I didn't tell you where the car is but now you know-

There is one more thing:

I'd like to give out awards, to such a good bunch of, are you ready:

                        April Fools!

Special awards go to Tim Buja, who was the first to get through on the phone,
just to ask me if I had seen the posting. (Thanks Tim)
The devious award goes to to Steve(?), who managed to discover the account
ownership, by contacting Cornell CIT, (boy, was he desparate!).
And to Bob Boulanger, who was the only one interested in the Chevy.
A hard dealer award goes to Randell Jessup, who offered $2000.
And honerable mention to those who offered to fly in from the west coast.
I'm sorry If I got anyones hopes up too much :-).
May the spirit of Lucas be with you...
     R.G.
P.S.
        I would have bit too. :-) You never know for sure- My Sprite was
advertized as a $100 "parts car". It's always worth a try...