Re: TR6

To: ssiwest!young@uunet.UU.NET,
Subject: Re: TR6
From: mit-eddie!uunet.UU.NET!ssi!coventry!rmb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Keptin Komrade Dr. Bobwrench III)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 90 14:41:46 CDT
        Went to see 'Lizbeth in the body shop today....No paint on her
at all. All bright shiny metal   and rust. Oooof. Looks like $500.00 more
to have all the rust taken care of...Not fun, but it has to be done. Gonna look
purty when she's all done though.

        With all the paint off, you can see where the bondo was put on after
the accident. She was head-on'd at some point since everything in front
of the firewall was a different colour underneath. The sheet metal the
wiper stubs come through is about 1/4" to 3/8" bondo in some places. One
front fender has 1/2" of bondo where someone didn't know how to straighten
it out. The body shop is going to straighten it and make it all metal again.
They're going to cut out all the rust and fill it with real new metal. Such
fun! Glad I'm not doing it.....

        Anyway, she comes home on the 18th, a day I have to do demos for
company biggies.....Ah well. Maybe I'll take Thursday or Friday off to finish
putting her back together. although the extra $500 means I can't afford the new
upholstry just yet...

        iii