spridget prices

To: british-cars@morpho
Subject: spridget prices
From: uunet!morpho!alan@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Alan Dahl)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 90 09:31:35 PDT
>> [Gerry writes:]
>> I noticed as well that there were many cars for sale - the bargain of the
>> day was a 1973 Midget for $425. Mechanically it was in very good condition
>> but the body had a couple of minor problem although there was no serious
>> corrosion. I was so tempted !!!!!!
>[Philip J Ethier writes:]
>Oh, sure!  When is something like this going to pop up where I can
>reach it!  If that happened here in the Twin Cities, I would probably
>hurt myself reaching for my checkbook.  I have folks offering me
>Spridgets for $1500 with holes you can walk through.

This brings up an interesting question.  What are the going prices for
spridgets these days?  Is there a big difference in different parts of
the country?  I'm thinking about selling my Midget when I get the problems
I have after a winter of sitting in the garage fixed (too rich mixture,
sticking e-brake, etc).  The car is a '78 with NO rust, 3 year old paint
(milk chocolate brown) and top, with 60,000 miles.  There are 10,000 miles
on the tires (Bridgestone S471 RCOT 165/70HR13's), it has a header and ANSA
muffler, Allison electronic ignition, and much more.  I've invested probably
$5000 (!!) in the car in the last 5 years and it looks almost new.  Oh, yes,
and all the electrics work! :-) (at least since I replaced all the Lucas
bulbs).  The down side is it's always been kind of high maintenance and not
100% reliable.  A very nice car when all is right, but I'm getting tired of
working on it and have been thinking of getting a new project.  Anyway, any
suggestions as to a reasonable price?

      ___    __    __    __          __      Alan Dahl
    / / /  /  /  /__/  /__/  /__/  /  /      North American MORPHO Systems
   / / /  /__/  / \   /     /  /  /__/       1145 Broadway Plaza
                                             Tacoma, WA. 98402, USA
   PH:  1 (206) 593-8021
   FAX: 1 (206) 591-8856             We shall not cease from exploration
   ...amc-gw!morpho!alan             And the end of all our exploring
                                     Will be to arrive where we started
Standard disclaimer applies...       And know the place for the first time.
                                         - T.S. Eliot