TR6 MPG

To: uunet!Alliant.COM!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: TR6 MPG
From: mit-eddie!tellab5.tellabs.COM!kegel@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Dave Kegel)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 90 08:14:59 CDT
Hi!  I've got a 74 1/2 TR6.  The motor's stock except for Ansa exhaust, K&N
air filters, and the EGR valve has been removed. (Bad move??) Oh and I put
a new distributer on it last year. (one with vacuum advance from earlier 6s).
I only get about 18 MPG when driving back and forth to work.  Not sure about
highway driving though.  I've got redlines too.  (Their crummy)
I envy the 30 MPG TR250.  Are you sure the tires aren't too short and it just
LOOKs like it's getting almost 300 miles to a tank?

Dave