Lucas 11AC Alternator

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Lucas 11AC Alternator
From: Rod Barman <mit-eddie!ee.ubc.ca!rodb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: 26 Apr 90 9:20 -0700
I have been spending the last couple of evenings tracking down charging
system problem on my '71 Rover.  I finally found the bad connection at
the rectifier output inside the 11ac alternator.  I have heard that the
11AC alternator/4TR regulator combination was also used on som MGBs and
Triumphs.  Is this true?  If so, does anybody know what years/models?

Thanks,

Rod Barman

PS. If anyone needs info on the 4TR I have reverse engineered a schematic for
it.