hot bugeye problem

To: britcars@ucscc.UCSC.EDU
Subject: hot bugeye problem
From: mit-eddie!ucscc.UCSC.EDU!red4est!lrcrace@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (so I can get e-mail for cars)
Date: Fri Apr 27 22:46:11 1990
First of all, does it have the proper heatshield for the carbs,
remember, the intake is right next to the exhaust.  It could
be something like a vapor lock.
  It could also be some kind of a wierd short in the distributor
or wiring.  I have no logical explanation for this, it's just a hunch.
  Check the routing of the fuel lines, again the vapor lock bit.
Does it have an eclectic or a wreckanical fuel pump?  This might
have something to do with it.
  Has it always done this?  Does the engine crank over at all when
hot, or is it extra tight?  Like maybe something in the cylinders
is siezing up.
  What is the oil pressure at idle and at speed when cold, warm and hot?

         LRC