electronic ignition

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: electronic ignition
From: Edward Burns <mit-eddie!ads.com!eburns@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 90 18:22:44 PDT
Have any of you replaced the old system with one of the
electronic ignition systems available?

I'm thinking of doing so on my `67 B.  I can't drive it
very often because of a back problem and I'd like to make
it a little more reliable for my wife.  She likes the car
a lot, but isn't terribly comfortable about driving it daily.

I'd like to know which type(and brand) you have, your thoughts
on the installation and the performance change.  Are you glad
you did it?

The most widely available system is the Allison and it seems to
be the cheapest too.  They guy at the parts store told me they
were great and I'll wish I had done it long ago.  I expected a
response like that from a salesperson though.  I'd really
appreciate some of opinions.  Thanks.

-Ed

eburns@ads.com