Hi!

To: british-cars%alliant.alliant.com@RELAY.CS.NET
Subject: Hi!
From: "Teriann J. Wakeman" <mit-eddie!APPLE.COM!twakeman@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 90 12:47:36 -0700

I am temping at Apple Computer. I will be here for at least a month longer.
Sooo .... If you please, put me back on the British Cars mailing list YAH!

Just to let everyone know how things have been going, I still have the Land
Rover (about 12 years now) & it is doing fine. I still have the MGBGT but the
clutch is slipping somewhat, and the turn signals are history.  I am trying
to make up my mind if I should keep it & repaint it or pick up a '80 or '81
TR7 spyder to replace the '68 MGBGT. The TR3A is still appart.  Money has been
very short. My tax refund has come back so the TR3 is at a shop getting the
floors, inner and outer sills replaced. When it gets back I will replace
the rear valence.  When I started sanding it I discovered that it was mostly
bondo.  With luck it should look good as new this time next year. I sure miss
having a roadster to drive.

I am still taking donations twords the purchase of a BJ8 & have added a mini
Cooper S to my list of wanas for auto crossing.  so ... keep them donations
coming ;*)

I think my address is twakeman@apple.com  This is my first mailing so I am
not absolutely sure. It should be the same as for Michael Sands except you
would start with twakeman and not sands.

I hope to make it to the Portland Britiah car meet & the Palo Alto British car
meet this year.  Thanks to those of you who went to the Portland meet last
year and voted my long wheelbase Land Rover as best short wheel base Land
Rover.  Thanks to your votes, my long wheel base Land Rover came in third
place short wheel base Land Rover :^)

Now for something serious: What size tyres should go back on the TR3A??
I have 4-1/2" wide wire rims (15") from a big Healy (I had to start somewhere
getting a Healey ;^)  ) The TR has comp. springs fore & aft, front & rear
anti sway bars & should have a tad more HP (87mm pistons, polished heads, 60mm
shaved off heads, headers, special cam, Webbers, you know, the usual stuff).
I would like the TR to stick to the road on corners. The stock tyre was
175R15 (or was it 165R15?).  Any suggestions?

Still looking for a good speller that works in Mail,
TeriAnn
twakeman@apple.com
AppleLink twakeman
(408)662-0987