Re: Allards

To: '"acsu.buffalo.edu!british-cars%alliant.com"@planck'.acsu.buffalo.edu (sol)
Subject: Re: Allards
From: mit-eddie!hercules.acsu.buffalo.edu!tobin@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mike Tobin)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 90 15:42:09 EDT
Probably the first sports car I ever remember seeing was an Allard.
When I was a a mere Tad growing up in San Leandro Ca. a guy down the
street had what I later learned was a Cad Allard (Caddy V-8).

It was the most gawdawful, faded pink and the guy drove it to work every
day.  He never put top down (it was a gross, Lotus 7 tent-like affair),
and never washed it.  Then again, I don't think I ever saw him work on
it either.

As a little kid, I thought he was strange -  'cause "normal" people drove
big Fords and  Chevies.  When I got older (he drove the thing for years)
and Iknew what he had, I thought he was stranger - because he treated
such a wonderful car with such  apparent distain.  The Allard, however, never
seemed to mind.

Mike Tobin