I', back, drophead, roadster

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: I', back, drophead, roadster
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 90 10:00:16 CDT
 Scott Fisher writes:
  - Drop-head Coupe' (accent aigu over the e): Best understood
    in comparison to the fixed-head coupe' (such as the MGA Coupe
    and various FHC Jaguars of the 140-150 line).  These are
    cars with the general appointments of the coupe but with
    permanently attached folding hoods.  Usually these cars are
    more luxuriously finished, often with lined hoods and glass
    backlights.  Best examples are the Jaguar XK-150 drop-head
    coupe, the Austin-Healey BJ-8, and the Jensen Interceptor.
    Continental enthusiasts would say that the Porsche Speedster
    is a roadster, while the Porsche 356 Cabriolet is a drop-
    head coupe'.

I always thought a Drophead Coupe (no trick French accent marks) meant
a car with a removable hard top.

Roadster tops on cars with roll-ups (windup windows) include also the
Mk III Sprite/Mk II Midget.

As you can tell, I am back on the the mail trail.  I had 160 messages
in the box this Monday morning.

Phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov   In real life: Philip J Ethier
(612) 298-5324