Re: SOL Patch/tee shirt

To: boggiano@wpi.wpi.edu, british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: SOL Patch/tee shirt
From: ejd@iris.brown.edu
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 90 16:19:52 EST
Well, as the one who started the ball on this, I have to apologize for dropping
it
for a while - I'm kind of in the same boat as The Keeper Of The Flickering
Flame,
only I'm looking around for just where I'm going to be moving.  We've got the
artwork (a version is still available via anonymous ftp from
m2ejd.iris.brown.edu),
we just don't have firm pricing and a schedule.

Unless everyone barfs at the idea, I'm going to go with patches, and here's why:
we have a few different preferences for delivery medium (patches, t-shirts,
hats,
and window stickers), all with good reasons for each.  The advantage of patches
is
that if you like patches particularly, you're set; if you want a shirt, sew it
on,
same for a hat; and if you want to put in in a window, well, I can get
static-cling
plastic sheeting Real Cheap, which will hold it to a window.  The thing that
really
kills you for doing a project like this is art charges for small quantity, and
sticking with one medium keeps that at a minimum.  For a quantity of 25, a patch
will be about $9, $7 for 50, and about 75cents for US mailing.  Prices may get a
little lower - I have to try more places from the back of American Motorcyclist.

So, I'm sorry to have to ask this again, but could all those who're interested
(and
I do hope that the interest is still there - again I apologize) please raise
your
hand by e-mail?  Thanks.

ed devinney     ejd@iris.brown.edu